1. The 49ers, Bears and Browns all have one thing in common. They are stupid. All three franchises in passed on Texans QB Deshaun Watson. If you don’t know, now you know.
2. Most impressive thing about the New Orleans Saints five game win streak is how well their defense has played and that they don’t need to be over reliant on Drew Brees to win games either.
3. The Minnesota Vikings are 6-2 and under the radar. Stick with Case Keenum for the remainder of the season. No point in dusting off Teddy Bridgewater and going back to the well of floppy shoulder pads guy Sam Bradford.
4. There have been many seasons in the last 15 years where Buffalo has a a fast start then fades late. This year feels different. #BillsMafia is real. So is that Bills defense. They look like a playoff team at the halfway mark.
5. Hard to get gauge on the Dallas Cowboys for the remainder of the 2017 season until there is some clarity with Ezekiel Elliot’s legal situation. What we do know is when he is available, the kid is special and quite possibly the best player in the league at his position.
6. Bucs head coach Dirk Kouetter on the hot seat? Possibly. Tampa has completely underwhelmed this season. Probably the most disappointing team of the 2017 season.
7. My Coach Of The Year Candidates: Doug Pedersen (Philly), Sean McVay (LA Rams), Sean McDermott (Buffalo)