1. Considering the history of bad WWE booking in the past, this scenario of Goldberg defeating Drew McIntyre was a realistic one. After the 3rd spear delivered to Drew McIntyre during the match I was convinced my worst fears was about to come true. Thankfully they didn’t. Drew McIntyre has a win over Goldberg on his resume (even at 53 years old) and now we can move forward to Mania season.
2. While I’d argue last years appearance for Bianca Belair in the women’s Royal Rumble was more impactful, her winning it this year was absolutely the right move. She is the next big thing in the women’s division. Bianca Bel-Air has superstar written all over and she deserves to wrestle for the women’s title at Mania. Also can anyone make a case against Belair not picking Sasha Banks as her opponent? Cause I can’t. We’ll know more on this week’s Friday Night Smackdown
3. Edge winning the men’s Rumble adds so much mystery as to who exactly he will choose to face at Wrestlemania. It really just comes down to what makes the most sense. Does Edge pick Drew McIntyre? Or Roman Reigns. Regardless of his decision there is a mystery behind it. I kinda hope he choose Drew only cause there’s another opportunity to add to McIntyre’s resume. This is the way to build stars. In picking Roman the angle could be used to knock him off the head of the table. Big decision ahead. Plus adds more heat to Roman Reigns.
4. There was not a need for a near 30 minute intermission. Bad Bunny? I didn’t ask for that. Peter Rosenberg winning the 24/7? It’s whatever. Still did not require a 30 minute intermission in an event with zero crowds. The only negative in an otherwise really good event. Don’t do that again Vince.
5. The only way one can truly decide who won what was essentially the Matthew Stafford trade for Jarod Goff plus picks should be ultimately viewed in which prism do you identify these individual quarterbacks. Me personally I’m bigger than most on Stafford. On his best day he is a near top 10 guy. He certainly was at the peak of his powers. As for Goff, much of the chatter around him for his entire career has been that he has been mostly a product of Sean McVay’s system despite leading the Rams into a Super Bowl appearance in 2018. One thing is clear is with both men switching teams and circumstances, we will know which narrative is closer to the truth. If Goff even matches Stafford’s production in that otherwise dumpster fire in Detroit, I’d say that’s a win for him.
6. First it’s Deshaun Watson who wants out of Houston. Now reportedly JJ Watt also wants gone as well. Blow it up Houston. Nuke the whole damn thing. The Houston Texans are officially a shit show.
7. Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor-Green is bat shit crazy. Nothing more to be said there. This is not a partisan statement. Get her ass out of Washington.
8. Like him or not, Bill Maher always keeps it real. Here’s this past week’s segment of ‘New Rules’. When I said that the adults are back in charge in Washington (despite some of my personal concerns just how swampy a Biden administration will be) this is an example of what I’m talking about.
9. It’s been about two weeks but honestly feels great to be Covid free. Never take your health for granted.
10. Not much movement on the Super Bowl 55 betting line. Still hovering around Kansas City (3/3.5). Don’t expect much if any movement in the next 5 days leading up to kickoff.
11. The more I read and listen to her the more I become a Tulsi Gabbard fan. Politics with the backdrop of common sense. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t agree with everything she says. Loved by many on both sides of the aisle. Hated by many on both sides of the aisle. Clearly she’s doing something right. Check out her recent appearance on ‘The Joe Rogan Experience’
12. Closing this out with a somber thoughts and prayers to the family, friends and fans of Dustin Diamond, who passed away yesterday at age 44 due to lung cancer. Many will know Diamond who played the role of Screech on the classic sitcom ‘Saved By The Bell’. Silly as the show is and was I still consider myself a hard core fan of SBTB. So this one obviously stings.