In honor of Jackie Robinson since this is the month the legendary slugger broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball, I have listed “42” reason why I am stoked about this year’s NBA postseason. Here we go.
1. Can the Miami Heat get it done the second time around.
2. The Mavericks repeat!?!? REALLY?!? Yeah I thought so….NOT really.
3. Kobe’s quest for #6.
4. Tim Duncan and Co. with one last go around for title #5.
5. LeBron’s ringless drought finally come to an end. (hopefully)
6. NY Knicks actually win a playoff series
7. NY Knicks actually implode.
8. Me picking on Knicks fans.
9. Jeff Van Gundy going HAM on flop rules.
10. Jeff Van Gundy going HAM in general.
11. Dwight Howard become a man. Out for season. Still childish.
12. Stan Van Gundy imploding on the Magic one more time before dude get’s fired.
13. Celtics old timers farewell tour with Garnett/Pierce/Allen
14. A #8 seed can actually win another playoff series this season.
15. On second thought no #8 seed upsets this time.
16. Memphis Grizzles (I know it’s Grizzlies) playing gangbusters on the Western Conference favorites. I always will call them “the GRIZZLES”
17. Proving that the Clippers and Lob City is a sham.
18. Clippers one and done regardless of opponent in 1st round.
19. I love hating on the Clippers.
20. Seriously….the Clippers have the worst owner in sports. Donald Sterling.
21. I give the Mavs a 4% chance of repeating. (Can’t believe I mentioned Dallas again)
22. Derrick Rose and how he handles his recent health issues
23. Just how legit is the Bulls long term with or without D-Rose.
24. What surprise team can actually pull off a first round upset.
25. Josh Smith’s continuing to be a better player.
26. Josh Smith throwing up numerous perimeter shot when clearly it isn’t is forte which makes me think he ain’t as good as I think he is.
27. If LeBron James would actually wear a proper headband this postseason to cover up his bad hairline. That or shave the damn thing already.
28. My obssession with bad hairlines (see above)
29. How much a factor Dexter Pittman will be for Miami.
30. When I start mentioning Dexter Pittman, you know im starting to doubt whether I can actually fit 42 reasons on this blog
31. Hoping Eric Spoelstra does NOT overcoach the Heat this offseason. That or his ass is gone come late June. (just my opinion)
32. Orlando without Dwight Howard!?!? No shot
33. Just how fast Indiana can dispose of the Magic.
34. Concluding the drama that is the Orlando Magic in regards to Stan Van and D12.
35. I’m considering growing a playoff beard or goatee. Will keep you updated on that.
36. Wondering if it can grow said goatee somewhat into Mike Woodson territory.
37. Playoff parties at my moms. (Those are always fun)
38. If the Miami Heat win the championship this season it will be dedicated to my Granny who recently passed away. She was a huge fan.
39. Praying for a Heat-Lakers NBA finals. (I see you Jabari A Davis and Ron Goodwin)
40. Having a blast on my podcast on all the playoff talk.
41. Having the opportunity the next 2 months to blast all of LeBron James and Heat critics assuming the Heat do their job. (pay attention)
42. Wheew…..I made it to 42.